Accessible Page Links



Page Tools

Main page Content

History

​Glenview State School has much historical significance, dating as far back as 1878, when members of the community first established a site named the 'Mooloolah Plains Provisional School'. With an enrolment of just 16, the original site being where the cemetery is situated now, education inspectors were dispatched to investigate poor attendances. The school was closed at the end of 1881. In 1888, following petitioning from concerned parents, the school was reopened with an enrolment of 13.

New buildings were constructed in 1908, due to the old structure falling into a state of disrepair, with white ants and snakes being major contributors in providing an unsafe environment for children.

In 1909, a new site, where the school is today, was chosen. The Glenview Primary School was officially opened, the name occurring following the opening of a new post office in Glenview. The name 'Mooloolah Plains' had become quite misleading especially as there were no 'plains' in existence.

By 1934, enrolment numbers reached 37 with more children arriving in the district. New classrooms were added to accommodate 45 pupils at a cost of 312 pounds and 16 pence. The school remained the same until 1957 with 60 pupils in attendance.

Today, still cradled in a rural atmosphere, Glenview State School is a thriving centre of education, learning and community spirit. With 225 students enjoying the full benefits of modern curriculum, the original building is still in use, with the newer building complementing the old.